Honey Bee Breeding

Pete

Feb 14, 2009, 8:54:59 PM2/14/09
to Upstate New York Beekeeping
Greetings

Jack asked me some hard questions about bee stock, breeding, and
buying queens. I will say that over the course of thirty plus years
working with the bees, my mind has been changed, at least twice.

However, I am going to take the coward's way out and say: read my
articles this summer. I spent a week at Christmas writing 3 new pieces
for the American Bee Journal. I could post them here, but that
wouldn't be fair to them.

Suffice it to say that I am very interested in hives that survive on
their own without being continually resurrected by the beekeeper. I
don't see anything wrong with perennially restocking, it just doesn't
interest me, and it is costly.

Anyhow, subscribe to the ABJ. And I will post the articles after they
have been published.

Pete