https://key.upspin.io/ unreachable

Albert-Jan de Vries

May 20, 2022, 12:43:01 AM5/20/22
to Upspin
Hi there,

Are there problems with https://key.upspin.io/?

Thanks,
-- AJ

Andrew Gerrand

May 20, 2022, 1:18:57 AM5/20/22
to Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
Thanks for the message. I managed to bring it back, and am taking steps to prevent the issue from happening again. Best,

Albert-Jan de Vries

May 20, 2022, 1:21:12 AM5/20/22
to Andrew Gerrand, Upspin
Wow, such a fast response. Thanks for letting me know and big thanks for the fast response!

Andrew Gerrand

May 20, 2022, 1:22:33 AM5/20/22
to Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
Just glad I was awake and near the computer :)

Albert-Jan de Vries

May 20, 2022, 1:24:13 AM5/20/22
to Andrew Gerrand, Upspin
Me too! I started this week with the backup server for https://key.upspin.io. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Albert-Jan de Vries

Jun 8, 2022, 3:44:33 PM6/8/22
to Upspin
Hi Andrew,

It looks like that https://key.upspin.io is timing out this time, my proxy works, but my storage server is having some trouble, probably need to fix the key server endpoint for that one too. Can you have a look?

-- AJ

Albert-Jan de Vries

Jun 8, 2022, 3:49:45 PM6/8/22
to Upspin
My storage server is up and running again, but https://key.upspin.io is still giving timeouts.

Andrew Gerrand

Jun 8, 2022, 7:09:02 PM6/8/22
to Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
It should be back online now. We're migrating to new infrastructure next week so this shouldn't happen again (at least not for this reason anyway)

Albert-Jan de Vries

Jun 9, 2022, 3:09:03 AM6/9/22
to Upspin
Hi Andrew, thanks for taking care (again). All good now, and it was the best failover test that I could imagine;-)

Rodrigo Schio

Apr 14, 2023, 12:53:09 PM4/14/23
to Upspin

Hi there,

https://key.upspin.io/ is returning timeout for me, is anyone else having trouble?

Rene Kaufmann

Apr 17, 2023, 5:56:04 AM4/17/23
to Rodrigo Schio, Upspin
Yes, same for me.
I only see 404 page not found.

Upspinfs logs: rpc.InvokeUnauthenticated: Post "https://key.upspin.io:443/api/Key/Lookup": dial tcp 34.132.190.67:443: connect: connection refused

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Rene Kaufmann

Eric Grosse

Apr 17, 2023, 12:05:14 PM4/17/23
to Rene Kaufmann, Rodrigo Schio, Upspin
I'm still looking into it. One time late Friday I also observed it down and restarted the machine, to restore service to y'all while I debug. I'll update the thread when I finally understand enough to fix it properly.

Andrew Gerrand

Apr 17, 2023, 6:21:35 PM4/17/23
to Eric Grosse, Rene Kaufmann, Rodrigo Schio, Upspin
It has always reported 404. The key server is working it just doesn't have a root page.