Upspin.io unreachable

Albert-Jan de Vries

Dec 14, 2021, 1:31:52 AM12/14/21
to Upspin
It looks like upspin.io is unreachable. Also the key server https://key.upspin.io isn't reachable.

Is it possible for someone to take a look?

Andrew Gerrand

Dec 14, 2021, 1:39:33 AM12/14/21
to Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
Investigating

On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 at 17:31, Albert-Jan de Vries <a...@albert-jandevries.nl> wrote:
It looks like upspin.io is unreachable. Also the key server https://key.upspin.io isn't reachable.

Is it possible for someone to take a look?

Andrew Gerrand

Dec 14, 2021, 2:37:22 AM12/14/21
to Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
Thanks for the report. upspin.io and key.upspin.io are back.
The Kubernetes cluster had gotten itself into a bad state.
It's fixed now. We have some plans to in general improve the key.upspin.io infrastructure soon.

Albert-Jan de Vries

Dec 14, 2021, 2:57:15 AM12/14/21
to Upspin
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the quick response, and fixing the issue. I run a few apps that depend on the Upspin services.

Aram Hăvărneanu

Dec 22, 2021, 3:03:28 AM12/22/21
to Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
https://upspin.io is still down, it seems.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

Andrew Gerrand

Dec 22, 2021, 3:12:56 AM12/22/21
to Aram Hăvărneanu, Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 19:03, Aram Hăvărneanu <ara...@mgk.ro> wrote:
https://upspin.io is still down, it seems.

I did observe it as down when I first received your message a few minutes ago, but now that I am at my computer to investigate it appears to be back up. I'm having a look at logs to see what happened.

Did you notice it down for long or just at that instant?

Andrew Gerrand

Dec 22, 2021, 3:16:30 AM12/22/21
to Aram Hăvărneanu, Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
Ah, it looks like it's crash looping.

Andrew Gerrand

Dec 22, 2021, 4:15:17 AM12/22/21
to Aram Hăvărneanu, Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
It seems to be stable for now, but there are still issues that I'll have to address later.

Thanks for letting us know.

Albert-Jan de Vries

May 20, 2022, 12:43:52 AM5/20/22
to Andrew Gerrand, Aram Hăvărneanu, Upspin
Hi Andrew,

It looks like https://key.upspin.io/ is down? Can you take a look?

-- AJ

Andrew Gerrand

May 20, 2022, 1:10:46 AM5/20/22
to Albert-Jan de Vries, Aram Hăvărneanu, Upspin
Thanks for the message. I have looked into it and am taking corrective action.

Andrew Gerrand

May 20, 2022, 1:18:28 AM5/20/22
to Albert-Jan de Vries, Upspin
It's back up. I am taking steps to prevent this particular failure from occurring again.