x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid

Tom Lieber

Jan 21, 2023, 12:02:20 PM1/21/23
to Upspin
https://github.com/upspin/upspin/issues/367 suggests that the issue was fixed in 2017, or at least can be worked around by "removing the old cert" but I'm hitting it now and I'm not sure how to remove the old cert. Any advice?

dir/remote("[…].upspin.services:443").Lookup("t...@alltom.com/") error: I/O error:
    rpc.Invoke: Post "https://[…].upspin.services:443/api/Dir/Lookup": x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid: current time 2023-01-21T08:58:04-08:00 is after 2022-12-16T19:15:32Z

Eric Grosse

Jan 21, 2023, 12:24:41 PM1/21/23
to Upspin
The certs at https://key.upspin.io and at https://upspin.io are working for me. I use x/crypto/acme/autocert elsewhere in my code without trouble, so I'm puzzled that you're seeing this; we'll have to dig deeper and get back to you.

salman

Jan 21, 2023, 12:47:43 PM1/21/23
to ups...@googlegroups.com
That error is coming from a subdomain of upspin.services, not upspin.io or key.upspin.io.

That github issue was about the global key.upspin.io, but this suggests your directory server is what has the expired certs.

I remember seeing a few upspin.services subdomains but I'm not sure how they work. I'm guessing these were created/launched on GCP with upspin-ui? Figuring out how to access that machine and view its logs might be a good next step.

David Presotto

Jan 21, 2023, 12:55:24 PM1/21/23
to Eric Grosse, Upspin
Mone is working also.