2012 Bond Planning Community Meetings

Steve Kushman

Feb 24, 2012, 12:13:06 AM2/24/12
to Friends of Upper Douglass Dog Park
From: Nick Ellis <njel...@gmail.com>
Date: February 22, 2012 6:57:05 PM PST
To: Nick Ellis <njel...@gmail.com>, Laura Norman
<laur...@yahoo.com>
Bcc: FUDDPS...@googlegroups.com
Subject: 2012 Bond Planning Community Meetings

D8'ers, please see announcement from RPD below, and let us know if
you'll be attending any of the planned meetings -- we hope to see you
at one of them! Thanks, Nick

Please join the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department, and the
San Francisco Parks Alliance for an upcoming Park Bond Program
neighborhood meeting in your neighborhood.

We will be discussing the 2012 park bond planning process and seeking
your ideas during this stage of the community driven process.
Community feedback and outreach played a crucial part in the success
of the 2008 Clean and Safe Neighborhood Parks Bond and we are building
on that successful framework.

Approved by 71.6 percent of San Francisco voters, the 2008 bond has
helped to address the more than $1 billion in capital needs faced by
the city’s park system by implementing $185 million in park
improvements project at sites all across the city. We would like to
hear from you and see what might currently be missing from our
community parks and what new needs might have emerged since 2008.

Please feel free to forward this meeting invitation to your members
and neighbors.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

List of upcoming Bond Presentation meetings:

Thursday, February 23rd
District 2 Meeting
6:00-7:30 pm
Moscone Rec Center, 1800 Chestnut Street

Monday, February 27th
District 7 Meeting
6:30-8:00 pm
Taraval Police Station, 2345 24th Avenue

Tuesday, February 28th
District 6 Meeting
6:00-7:30 pm
San Francisco Public Library, 100 Larkin Street

Wednesday, February 29th
District 9 Meeting
Bernal Heights Neighborhood Center – Dining Room

515 Cortland Avenue San Francisco, CA 94110

Thursday, March 1st
District 3 Meeting
6:00-7:30 pm
Jean Parker Elementary School, 840 Broadway

Please check our website for materials and updates at:
http://sfrecpark.org/BondOutreach.aspx

For questions or to provide feedback if you can’t attend the upcoming
meeting please contact:
RPD.Bond...@sfgov.org

Alex Randolph

Deputy Director of Community and Government Affairs

San Francisco Recreation and Park Department | City & County of San
Francisco

McLaren Lodge in Golden Gate Park | 501 Stanyan Street | San
Francisco, CA | 94117

Direct: (415) 831-2787 | Email: alex.r...@sfgov.org

Visit us at sfrecpark.org

Like us on Facebook