Con Court Ruling

UPM media

Jun 22, 2017, 3:19:06 AM6/22/17
to upm-statements
Of course we don’t know what the outcome will be.

The UPM joined the opposition parties application to have the no confidence vote determined by secret ballot.

It was a tactical since there are no numbers in the opposition to vote Zuma out of office. They need the support of ANC Members of Parliament.

However, it is unlikely whether by secret ballot or open vote that ANC members can be relied on to vote the Great Patriarch out of office.

Its interesting to see if the ruling party members of parliament will have the stomach to remove Zuma.

We are aware that the rot is deep in the ANC and is not confined only to Zuma and his liutenants. In fact media darling, Cyril Ramaphosa has blood in his hands with respect to Marikana Massacre. Pre Polokwane Zuma was also the darling of the media. Zuma is captured by Glencore whilst Ramaphosa is captured by Glencore.

Zuma and ANC is legacy of accelerated corruption and cronyism combined with a failing state that has opened the way for the black elite hungry for wealth and power to loot. But are they much different from the white elite and the real captains of industry. Are they so deserving of our disdain? Surely their use of political connections to leverage business opportunity is as a result of the monopolization of our economy by the South African Breweries, Anglo American, Premier Foods, Murray and Roberts, etc. Surely the level of corruption and cronyism is a direct result of the failure to redistribute wealth. As the UPM we condemn corruption and cronyism but at the same time we refuse to adopt the holier than thou attitude of the white establishment. As if Corruption is a black or Gupta defined phenomena. It is worth asking which cartel manipulated the bread price? Who were the construction companies that corrupted the World Cup build programme. And who bribed South African politicians to secure contracts in the Arms deal?

As the UPM we are convinced that corruption is not just endemic to the political system it is part of a systemic crisis facing South Africa. It is for this reason that we support  Zuma must fall.

Relevant for our organisation is Zuma’s legacy in overseeing the worst levels of unemployment in this country’s history.

We are also aware that our freedom will not be the product of the courts of this land. As the UPM we are going to mobilize the unemployed to get rid of Zuma’s ANC. This will not be through votes in a compromised parliament but through mass action. Our weapons are the blockade, the occupation and the strike.

The ruling will not be the end but the means to an end.

Xolisa Runeli - 073 640 0624
Sinethemba Mbane - 063 810 6628
Ayanda Kota - 078 625 6462