Jan. telescope viewing + telescope workshops

Megan Glover

Jan 13, 2017, 10:13:13 AM1/13/17
to UPEI Telescope
Hi everyone,

Our next public telescope viewing at UPEI will be Thursday, January 26 from 6:30-8:30pm. The meeting spot is the usual room 417 of Memorial Hall. More information and weather updates can be found on our website: http://projects.upei.ca/astronomy/2017/01/13/january-26-public-viewing/

We are also hosting a workshop on telescope use next week on the evening of Thursday, January 19. This workshop is intended for those who have telescopes they would like assistance with, but it is open to anyone who is interested in learning the basics of telescope use. More information and registration form can be found here: http://projects.upei.ca/astronomy/2016/12/21/how-to-use-your-telescope-workshop-january-19-2017/

Also, you may have heard about the telescopes that are available to borrow from the public library in Charlottetown. Libraries in Montague and Stratford are also getting loaner telescopes and so they will be hosting sessions on how to use those telescopes. The first one is at Montague Rotary Library next week (Jan. 18), led by UPEI Physics student Phoenix McCloud. More information can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/450162778705359/

The Stratford Public Library will be hosting a session in early February; keep an eye on the library's event posting for more details to come (https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPublicLibraryPEI/)

Cheers,
Megan