A return to public events: Solar viewings in August 2022

Megan Glover

Jul 29, 2022, 11:28:43 AM7/29/22
to UPEI Telescope
Hello astronomy enthusiast,

You're receiving this message because you're signed up to be notified about astronomy events from UPEI's Department of Physics. You may not remember that you signed up, because it's been over two years since we had a public event to notify you of.

We'll be setting up our solar telescopes outside the entrance to the FSDE building every Thursday at noon in August (weather permitting). These events will feature the debut of our new "Sunspotter" telescope that projects a white light image of the sun, plus our old faithful hydrogen-alpha telescope that lets us view the solar atmosphere in red light.

Find more information on our website, including directions to the event: https://projects.upei.ca/astronomy/

If there's any clouds on the day of the viewing, check our website for any updates in case of cancellation.

I hope that you can come visit at the telescope,

Megan