unum mailing list and John's anti-spam measures

Andrew Marlow

Oct 22, 2023, 5:12:28 AM10/22/23
to unum-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

In a recent post to his mailing list I saw a message from John Gustafson in which he said that as an anti-spam measure people need to fill in a form to be added to a list of approved senders. The message said:

Click the link below to fill out the request:

Has anyone else had trouble with this link? I did. With firefox the capture part just didn't work. Clicking on the "I am a human" button had no effect. In chromium it gave the traditional response you would expect (click on the pictures of cars, traffic lights, kittens, puppies etc). But in both cases the final button did nothing. So I reckon it didn't work.

John Gustafson

Oct 22, 2023, 5:58:50 PM10/22/23
to age...@andrewpetermarlow.co.uk, unum-co...@googlegroups.com
Apologies to all who have experienced the rather fascist anti-spam filter of my antique Earthlink email account. I too often make the mistake of writing from it to groups (like this one) where not everyone is "white-listed." I check my spam filter every couple of days and white-list people I know should be let in.

I also have an account with Arizona State University, jlgu...@asu.edu and you are all welcome to write me there. I've never heard of it blocking anyone writing to me.

Best,
John