N-body problem and Unums v1:

Patrick Cassidy

Oct 19, 2023, 4:55:04 PM10/19/23
to Unum Computing
Hi,

I recently read The End of Error and found it to be quite interesting, especially the later half of the book which contained a different approach to physics simulations. The whole idea of space stepping seems like it could have significant advantages over traditional time stepping. I'm unsure however, if posits would be capable of the same kinds of calculations that unums can preform.

Regardless, I would be interested if the Mathematica code used to produce the 3 body example in the book is available, as I would like to take a stab at writing a unum v1 implementation in C or some other language. I've gotten most of the examples in the book to work just fine, but I'm running into some issues with two body problem.