Bellus Ex Machina

Dara Shayda

Aug 25, 2013, 1:44:05 PM8/25/13
to untiredw...@googlegroups.com
'a' Beauty from Machine

https://soundcloud.com/dara-o-shayda/bellus-ex-machina

Between Kindergarten and first grade, in Tehran of Shah's time, our teacher
taught us how to recite Surah 112 and Fatiha. So I remember after the school
bell I was practicing them loud in the playground and some kids circled me and
asked with such inquisitiveness: What is that beautiful thing you are singing?

Decades later on in 21 century, Islam is the religion of barbers and tailors,
its spiritual arts of Sufism entertainment for white Westerners with income
excess of $60,000.

My thoughts were: perhaps the machines can bring 'a' beauty back!

This piece was composed per request from N. Simone.

Dara