400,000 Elsevier DOIs reclassified as Bronze OA

ric...@ourresearch.org

Jun 30, 2021, 9:06:20 PMJun 30
to Unpaywall discussion

Hi everyone,

Elsevier publishes many “Open Archive” items under the Elsevier User License. Until now, we haven’t recognized some variations on that license URL, causing some DOIs that should have had an oa_status of Bronze to be Closed or Green instead. After correcting this mistake, we’ve added 400,000 Bronze DOIs from Elsevier to the 900,000 we already had. This is an example of an Open Archive article: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.camwa.2004.06.036

90% of the Bronze DOIs we missed were created before 2012, and the most recent was published in 2017.

All affected DOIs will be included in the next data feed update, and we’ll post a new database snapshot in the next few days.

Richard