CPPCON looking for LOTS more Games talk to fill a Games Track

Michael Wong

May 21, 2015, 8:12:08 AM5/21/15
to unofficial-r...@googlegroups.com, Jon Kalb, Herb Sutter
Hi all, this is a special request to games developers to submit Games-related talk on C++ at CPPCon 2015 to fill a Games Track. This will be in conjunction with a proposed SG14 Games Dev/Low Latency official ISO C++ Study Group meeting in the following day. A second official SG14 meeting will take place in GDC 2016 hosted by Sony. The deadline for CPPCon 2015 is this weekend.

Please submit games talk and how they use C++.

Please put your talk in. Here is Jon Kalb's email.

C++ Conference Submitters,

Please excuse the mass-mailing nature of this email. This is just a reminder that the submission deadline for this year's CppCon is upon us.

This email is going to everyone that submitted to last year's CppCon or this year's C++Now. Many of you have already submitted to CppCon. Thank you very much. We've received some exciting submissions for what looks to be a great program.

If you have been thinking of submitted or recommending that someone you know submit, now is the time. We can accept some late submissions, but please be as timely as possible.

Information about submitting is on this page:

And the submission page is here:

If you'd like to discuss an idea for a submission, feel free to contact me. But please act quickly.

Thanks.

Jon

Michael Wong

May 21, 2015, 10:11:17 AM5/21/15
to unofficial-r...@googlegroups.com, j...@kalbweb.com, hsu...@microsoft.com
I might add that talk submission at this point is abstract only. You don't need a paper or the slides. This is not meant to be an academic referereed conference. We evaluate based on the content and your background (that you know what you are talking about). Thats it.

So the submission is more a futures promise, and if you can't attend for any reason, then the committee can accept your retraction.

So I strongly urge you to submit your ideas. Some for a good talk:
1. How do you use C++ in Games
2. Good C++ coding convention in games
3. Library support in C++ games
4. Modeling, graphics support with C++
5. Games Engines in C++, a survey
6. Efficiency of C++ for games
7. Framerate and real-time issues with C++
others?

Guy Davidson

May 21, 2015, 11:17:40 AM5/21/15
to unofficial-r...@googlegroups.com, hsu...@microsoft.com, j...@kalbweb.com
I have submitted a proposal which is the story of how we ported Total War from Windows to OS X, a substantial undertaking that required sudden expertise in multiple compilers.  I would be interested in hearing about how other people write cross-platform C++.

Cheers,

Sean Middleditch

May 21, 2015, 12:19:38 PM5/21/15
to Michael Wong, unofficial-r...@googlegroups.com, Jon Kalb, Herb Sutter
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Michael Wong <fragga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, this is a special request to games developers to submit
> Games-related talk on C++ at CPPCon 2015 to fill a Games Track. This will be
> in conjunction with a proposed SG14 Games Dev/Low Latency official ISO C++
> Study Group meeting in the following day. A second official SG14 meeting
> will take place in GDC 2016 hosted by Sony. The deadline for CPPCon 2015 is
> this weekend.

As a suggestion, you might want to advertise this request on
game-developer focused sites more in the future. Gamasutra, IGDA, the
LinkedIn game-dev groups, even GDC's site, etc. Is there an official
article or anything like that we can link to if we post stuff
ourselves or contact said site operators?

Michael Wong

May 21, 2015, 8:16:14 PM5/21/15
to unofficial-r...@googlegroups.com
Good idea. I would suggest linking to this page or the cut and paste of Jon Kalb's email in my first post.
http://cppcon.org/submissions/

Michael Wong

May 25, 2015, 4:55:09 PM5/25/15
to unofficial-r...@googlegroups.com