Re: Hi... (response regarding EASTL)

Michael Wong

Dec 16, 2014, 10:15:19 AM12/16/14
to Paul Pedriana, unofficial-r...@googlegroups.com, Michael Wong
All, I like to introduce Paul who is the originator of the EASTL paper we have been talking about. He is interested in helping.

Paul, please have a look at this forum to see what has been discussed. Thanks.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Paul Pedriana <paul.p...@oculus.com> wrote:
Hi Michael. Regarding the paper, there hasn't been any formal review of it that I'm aware of. I'm interesting in participating in this group in any way I can be useful.

Thanks.

From: Michael Wong <mich...@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Monday, December 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM
To: Paul Pedriana <paul.p...@oculus.com>
Cc: "M W (fragga...@gmail.com)" <fragga...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Hi... (response regarding EASTL)

Hi Paul, sorry for the delayed response as I have been travelling since Sept. Yes, we (C++ Std) are thinking about starting a study group on real-time, low latency, grapics gaming and I remember your paper. But as far as I can tell, there was no review of that paper when it was presented. I wonder if you can verify that when you showed up to the meeting.

Yes, we have a google group started based on a recent impromptu BoF I did at CPPCon which was attended by many of the game programmers (EA, Ubisoft) as well as flight sims. Now we are considering joining with an Embedded Computing group to get more critical mass assuming we can get a coherent set of interest.  Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks.

Regards, Michael
ISOCPP.org Director, VP http://isocpp.org/wiki/faq/wg21#michael-wong
OpenMP CEO: http://openmp.org/wp/about-openmp/
My Blogs: http://ibm.co/pCvPHR
C++11 status: http://tinyurl.com/43y8xgf
Boost test results http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2239&context=SSJT9L&uid=swg27006911
C/C++ Compilers Feature Request Page http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/?PROD_ID=700
Chair of WG21 SG5 Transactional Memory: https://groups.google.com/a/isocpp.org/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/tm

IBM Corporation
XL C++ Compiler kernel Development
IBM Canada Ltd., C2/KD2/8200/MKM
8200 Warden Avenue
Markham, Ontario L6G 1C7
W:905-413-3283 F:905-413-4839

Inactive hide details for Paul Pedriana ---11/19/2014 02:56:53 AM---Hi Michael. I’m Paul Pedriana, and I wrote EASTL. My ex-coPaul Pedriana ---11/19/2014 02:56:53 AM---Hi Michael. I’m Paul Pedriana, and I wrote EASTL. My ex-co-workers at EA are telling me that there h

From: Paul Pedriana <paul.p...@oculus.com>
To: Michael Wong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Date: 11/19/2014 02:56 AM
Subject: Hi... (response regarding EASTL)

Hi Michael. I’m Paul Pedriana, and I wrote EASTL. My ex-co-workers at EA are telling me that there has been some inquiry about EASTL. I left EA a few months ago to join Oculus, the VR company which is now part of Facebook. I’m located at the main Facebook campus in Menlo Park, California. I’m interested in contributing to your projects where I can. There’s more to say, but I’d like to just make contact to start.

Thanks

Paul
[paul.p...@oculus.com]