Help with book, possibly Jack Higgins?

John Ross

Jun 12, 2009, 7:18:10 PM6/12/09
to Unofficial Jack Higgins Homepage
I read a book a few years ago that I can't remember the author or
title of and wondered if someone could help.

The novel starts with an assassin killing the wrong Government
official of a foriegn country. He then comes to England and is
employed as a British Agent. The guy he is stopping with gets his neck
broken. He then goes to meet some IRA people (or an offshoot) and
whilst there asks to go to the bathroom. He plants a bomb and crams
himself against the bathroom ceiling. The bomb goes off and he escapes

Later the scene switches to France, the IRA are after him and they
track him down to a hotel room he is staying at. He escapes and shacks
up with a french woman, but they find him and he slits the throat of
one the blokes who are after him.

Him and the french woman make their escape in her car and they head
back to the coast to get the ferry back to England. He changes his
mind and instead heads accross country to find a place he can catch a
small boat back to England.

They stop at a hotel and again his pursuers catch up with him. They
set a bomb off and again he escapes but captures one of the gang. He
takes him to a big lake and rows out to the middle and dumps him
overboard.

This is where the story ends.

It is possible I have got two books mixed up so if anyone recognises
any of the story I would be extremely grateful.

G.M.Beumer

Jun 13, 2009, 8:10:50 AM6/13/09
to unofficial-...@googlegroups.com

To me this does not ring a bell.