Two postdoc positions for population modellers

Marc Kery

Oct 1, 2022, 1:01:20 PM10/1/22
to unma...@googlegroups.com, hmec...@googlegroups.com, euri...@cornell.edu, Marc Kery

Dear all,

we have two open postdoc positions which offer excellent career opportunities for ambitious population modelers. We are looking for candidates with a background in quantitative ecology, statistics, data science, applied mathematics or a related field. Both postdocs are fully funded by the Swiss NSF. They are originally for two years, but extensions are possible. In the first postdoc position, the successful candidate will model territory occupancy data to learn about dispersal and demography in raptors and owls. In the second postdoc position, my collaborator Trevor Hefley and I are looking for a candidate to develop ecological diffusion models to learn about dispersal and demography in bird populations distributed in continuous space, using ornitho/eBird-type of citizen-science data.

Both postdocs will work in the Population Biology group of Michael Schaub and myself at the Swiss Ornithological Institute in Sempach, Switzerland. If you are interested please submit your application no later than 10 November 2022 here: https://my.jobalino.ch/de/jobpreview/3705. You can drop me an email if you have questions. And thanks for distributing widely to people who you think may be interested and on any channel you deem suitable.

Best regards -- Marc

Marc Kéry  * * * * * *
+41 41 462 97 93
marc...@vogelwarte.ch
www.vogelwarte.ch
Swiss Ornithological Institute | Seerose 1 | CH-6204 Sempach | Switzerland

*** BOOKS: see www.hierarchicalmodels.com  ***

- Schaub & Kéry (2022): IPM  -  Integrated Population Models, Academic Press
- Kéry & Royle (2021): AHM2  -  Applied hierarchical modeling in ecology, Vol. 2, Dynamic and advanced models
, Academic Press
- Kéry & Royle (2016): AHM1  -  Applied hierarchical modeling in ecology, Vol. 1, Prelude and Static Models, Academic Press
- Kéry & Schaub (2012): BPA  -  Bayesian Population Analysis using WinBUGS, Academic Press
- Kéry (2010): Introduction to WinBUGS for Ecologists, Academic Press

*** Hierachical modeling workshops ***
www.phidot.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8
Two_PopModeling_Postdocs.pdf