Single season (all models possible)

Tamara Santos

Jul 20, 2021, 9:16:49 AM7/20/21
to unmarked

Dear all!

I did some analysis of single season occupancy model using the Mark program. Now I’m starting to learn about the unmarked package, and I want to try to make the analysis using R.

But I have a doubt, can I fix the covariates in detection and make all possible combinations with my occupancy covariates? Is there any function for this?

Because, I have been reading tutorials and materials about this package, but I didn’t see any function for this purpose.

Thank you so much!

Tamara

Ken Kellner

Jul 21, 2021, 10:37:06 AM7/21/21
to unmarked
Hi Tamara,

unmarked does not have this functionality built in, partly because all possible subsets modeling (i.e., dredging) is considered to not be best practice vs. defining a candidate set of models based on hypotheses. However unmarked models are at least partially supported by the dredge() function in package MuMIn for doing this, so you could try that. If you search the forums for 'dredge' or 'MuMIn' you will find other discussions on this topic.

Ken