AHM workshop announcement July 22-26, 2024

Ken Kellner

Mar 20, 2024, 10:46:21 AMMar 20
to unmarked, hmec...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Andy Royle, Marc Kéry, Josh Twining, and I are running an in-person AHM workshop. This year it will be hosted at Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI, from July 22-26, 2024. We will show how to use likelihood and Bayesian methods to fit a large range of models that are useful for investigations of abundance and occupancy. Planned topics include:

Occupancy models for binary detection/nondetection data
Binomial N-mixture models for replicated count data
Multinomial N-mixture models for replicated capture-recapture data
Distance sampling models for a variety of distance sampling protocols
Modeling of false positives
Integrating multiple data types and integrated models

Please send your application to Ken Kellner (kkel...@msu.edu), with CC to marc...@vogelwarte.ch, aro...@usgs.gov, and jp...@cornell.edu and describe your background and knowledge in statistical modelling, R and JAGS/Nimble, and occupancy/Nmix models, by 30 April 2024.

You will find some more information in the attached flier.

Thanks,

Ken, Marc, Andy, and Josh
AHM_workshop_MSU_22-26_July_2024.docx

Ken Kellner

Mar 20, 2024, 12:38:20 PMMar 20
to unmarked
I managed to get my own email address wrong - it should be kell...@msu.edu, not kkel...@msu.edu. Sorry!

Ken Kellner

Apr 16, 2024, 8:33:21 AMApr 16
to unmarked
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder about the in-person AHM workshop July 22-26 2024 in East Lansing with Marc, Andy, Josh, and I. See below for details. The applications are due in two weeks (April 30).

Thanks!

Ken

Ken Kellner

May 1, 2024, 3:22:11 PMMay 1
to unmarked
We still have some spots available for this workshop, so please disregard the deadline and apply if you're interested.

Thanks!

Ken