Applications open: MSc in Statistical Ecology

chris...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2023, 6:38:15 PM11/29/23
to chris...@gmail.com

Dear Friends and Colleagues (and apologies for cross-posting),

We are very pleased to announce that we are taking applications for the fifth intake of our new MSc in Statistical Ecology detailed in the attached leaflet.

The MSc aims to give students:

  • a sound understanding of the statistical foundations of modern methods in statistical ecology
  • the knowledge and skills to use these methods effectively
  • experience of applying them to real-world problems, under the supervision of experts, some of whom are leading researchers in this field

The Programme involves two semesters of taught courses and a 3-month summer research dissertation. It is taught by staff at the interdisciplinary Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling (https://www.creem.st-andrews.ac.uk/). The summer dissertation includes optional placements with collaborators in the UK or abroad, to give students experience of dealing with real-world problems in statistical ecology.

More information is available here: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/statistics/statistical-ecology-msc/

For any additional information, please direct enquiries to ma...@st-andrews.ac.uk or to me, the program coordinator, cs...@st-andrews.ac.uk

Chris

While I may be sending this email outside of my normal office hours, I have no expectation to receive a reply outside of yours.

Chris Sutherland (he/him/his)

Reader

Centre for Research into Ecological & Environmental Modelling

School of Mathematics and Statistics
University of St Andrews

W: website

E: cs...@st-andrews.ac.uk