Crossval function

Håkon Fjeld

May 25, 2021, 9:25:49 AM5/25/21
to unmarked
Hi!
I have a quick question regarding the crossval function in unmarked. When I am using the function on a fit list (models fitted with distsampfunction, with output density), are the MAE (mean absolute error) values on a log-scale?

Thanks for any attention and answers :)

Håkon

Ken Kellner

May 25, 2021, 10:50:47 AM5/25/21
to unmarked
Hi Håkon,

MAE here is calculated as the mean absolute value of the residuals. You can see the default function used for calculating statistics with

unmarked:::RMSE_MAE

For a distsamp model with output density the residuals are calculated like:

y - (lambda * sampled area * p)

So, I think the answer to your question is no, they are not on the log scale.

Ken

Håkon Fjeld

May 26, 2021, 9:57:46 AM5/26/21
to unmarked