Gis non habitat shapes

FERNANDO CESAR CASCELLI DE AZEVEDO

Nov 17, 2023, 9:24:24 AM11/17/23
to unmarked
Dear all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a tutorial about how we can exclude areas of non-habitat of a habitat mask using a polygon from ArcGis (in arcGis or in Rstudio)?
I have a shapefile of my study area that, besides Atlantic Forest, includes several lakes that I would like to exclude from the mask (non-habitat areas) to estimate puma density. I have the shapefile of the lakes as well.

Thank you in advance.

Fernando

Matthew Hyde

Nov 17, 2023, 9:28:33 AM11/17/23
to unma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fernando,

You can use the erase tool in arcgis with the input of your mask layer and the lakes layer to erase that area. I haven't used this mask with holes in a secr model before so I'm not sure if you will have any issues at the moment of analysis.

Best,
Matt

--
*** Three hierarchical modeling email lists ***
(1) unmarked (this list): for questions specific to the R package unmarked

FERNANDO CESAR CASCELLI DE AZEVEDO

Nov 17, 2023, 10:29:14 AM11/17/23
to unmarked
Thank you Matt,