distsamp with animal detected in group

Rong A

Sep 26, 2022, 12:14:44 AM9/26/22
to unmarked
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to model the point count data for Asian Golden Weaver with "distsamp" function.
Animals were in a group but I wanted to predict their density at an individual level (bird/sqkm). I was wondering which function I need to use to format the unmarkedframe?

I used the  "formatDistData" function but it is only for individual level?
I also think, in my case, the number of detection should not just be converted to the number of detected groups for each distance bin because the number of individuals in the group are very varies (can be 2 to >100 individuals).

Any suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best,
Faii