Euring conference 2023: abstract submission is open

Olivier Gimenez

Sep 20, 2022, 9:00:17 AM9/20/22
to hmecology: Hierarchical Modeling in Ecology, unma...@googlegroups.com, spatialcapt...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

The 2023 EURING Analytical Conference will be held on April 17-21, 2023, in Montpellier, France. The conference will be run in hybrid format and we are inviting abstracts for presentations to be delivered either in person or online.

Abstracts may be submitted online via http://www.phidot.org/euring/abstracts/, by November 18, 2022. They may be submitted in the following categories:

Abundance & density estimation
Vital rate estimation
Movement & dispersal
Software & custom estimation approaches
Management & conservation
Causal inference and decision science
Species distributions
Phenology
Environment and habitat effects [climate change]
Species interactions & density dependence

PROCEEDINGS
EURING has a tradition of publishing a Proceedings, a special issue made up of papers related to conference presentations. This time, the Proceedings will be published in a special issue of the Peer Community journal https://peercommunityjournal.org/ in diamond open access (no fees for readers and authors). We encourage all presenters to consider submitting a paper for the Proceedings following the conference, but note that this is not mandatory. More details soon.

WORKSHOPS/TUTORIALS
We also accept proposals for workshops/tutorials, please get in touch with us if you'd like to propose something.

TRAVEL GRANTS
A limited number of travel grants will be available to delegates from World Bank classified low- and middle-income countries. Please, get in touch with us if you'd like to apply. Note that travel grants will be awarded to those who have an abstract that has been accepted for inclusion in either the oral or poster programme.

CHILDCARE
We're exploring childcare options, please get in touch with us if you'd like to benefit from this service.

STAY TUNED
Much of the news will be disseminated via the EURING mailing list, which you can join by sending an email to euring-l...@cornell.edu with EURING in the subject, and JOIN in the body. See also the official website http://www.phidot.org/euring/.

IMORTANT DATES
Abstract submission deadline: November 18, 2022
Abstract acceptance notification: December 2, 2022
Early bird payment: November 1 - January 20, 2022
Regular payment: January 20  - February 10, 2023
PDF of talks/posters due on or before: April 10, 2023
Conference days: April 17-21, 2023

We look forward to welcoming you all in Montpellier ;-)

Olivier Gimenez & Aurélien Besnard, on behalf of the local organizing committee.
Chloé Nater, Sarah Cubaynes, Thomas Riecke, Mahdieh Tourani, the scientific committee.

Dr Olivier Gimenez | senior scientist at CNRS | @oaggimenez
DiPEE Occitanie Est | PNA lynx boréal | GdR EcoStat | Hair team
Due to my own family/work balance, you may get emails from
me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any
pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.