How does unmarked actually calculate detection probability ?

Emily Collins

Jun 10, 2024, 8:45:14 AMJun 10
to unmarked
Hello - can anyone help me to understand how the package unmarked uses the dataset to calculate detection probability (p)? I have read MacKenzie et al., 2002, Fiske & Chandler 2011 and I understand that "Detection probability is ... estimated from the pattern of detections and non-detections that arise from these multiple surveys" (Rota et al., 2009) but if anyone can explain it in a formula or plain English, or direct me to another resource, I would really appreciate it.

Much thanks