dredge function in "MuMin"

Basavaraj Mulage

Jul 18, 2024, 6:19:29 AM (yesterday) Jul 18
to unmarked
Hi all

I have been running "single species single season occupancy model" with 14 site covariates and 4 observation covariates. I have about 1800 sites. The models have been running for the past 3 days and I feel like it's never ending process. I would like to know How much time  would it take approximately to complete the analysis if anyone has run the data using "dredge" function in listing models?

Thanks and regards
Basavaraj

Vincent CLEMENT

3:49 AM (12 hours ago) 3:49 AM
to unmarked
Hi Basavaraj,

I am no expert, but I would tend to think that 14 site covariates and 4 observation covariates is a hell of a lot. Assuming you dredged a full model, I don't know exactly how long it would take to test all possible combinations (probably depends on your computer performance) but I'm not surprised it's taking a long time.

Maybe it would be wise to scale down a bit the number of covariates. Maybe testing for correlations to get rid of some redundant ones for example? Or making sure they are all relevant for your biological model or the question you're investigating?

Best regards,
Vincent