Prior regularization in Bayesian occupancy models

Dilsad Dagtekin

Jun 22, 2022, 9:39:23 AM6/22/22
to hmecology: Hierarchical Modeling in Ecology, unma...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I want to get my head into prior regularization for the Bayesian occupancy models, I have read several papers on it including Hooten & Hobbs, 2015; Hutchinson et al., 2015 and Northrup & Gerber 2018. I kind of understood the idea, however, I am still struggling a little bit to implement it in my code. I also did not encounter any code examples so far. If anyone has an example code on prior regularization (preferably occupancy modeling but any would do) and would like to share it I'd be really grateful.

Thank you in advance.
Best,
Dilsad

--
A. Dilsad Dagtekin
PhD Student at Population Ecology Research Group

Olivier Gimenez

Jun 22, 2022, 6:08:41 PM6/22/22
to hmecology: Hierarchical Modeling in Ecology, unma...@googlegroups.com, Dilsad Dagtekin
Hi Dilsad,
Check out Appendix 2 in Gerber et al. 2015, it’s a GLMM with a binomial response variable, but the code (and definitely the paper) should be useful ;-)
Cheers,
Olivier
--
*** Three hierarchical modeling email lists ***
(1) unmarked: for questions specific to the R package unmarked