Copyfree

Dāvis Mosāns

May 11, 2014, 8:06:36 AM5/11/14
to unli...@googlegroups.com
Recently I discovered http://copyfree.org/ and they've similar goals and it can be useful when deciding which library to use. Like first I would look for Unlicense'd choice and if there aren't such available then next step would be to look for Copyfree license. It's like a little step before Unlicense but much much better than Copyleft. They also feature Public Domain and Unlicense.

Andy Elvey

May 12, 2014, 5:28:55 AM5/12/14
to unli...@googlegroups.com
On 12/05/14 00:06, Dāvis Mosāns wrote:
Recently I discovered http://copyfree.org/ and they've similar goals and it can be useful when deciding which library to use. Like first I would look for Unlicense'd choice and if there aren't such available then next step would be to look for Copyfree license. It's like a little step before Unlicense but much much better than Copyleft. They also feature Public Domain and Unlicense.

No offense meant but I'm not swayed by "copyfree" at all.  Public Domain or Unlicense are the only "licenses" with no restrictions at all.  Anything else is just fluff IMO.
I'm "public domain" all the way......  :)
- Andy

Dāvis Mosāns

May 12, 2014, 5:57:47 AM5/12/14
to unli...@googlegroups.com
did you type this from Public Domain browser/email cient? is your OS public domain? is all your hardware drivers public domain? I bet no and this is what I mean, we can't currently get everything public domain, so have to settle for less, but that doesn't mean there won't be later. If it's your project obviously it will be Unlicense'd but when you need to use other library...