Request for comment: Unlicense 21

oksid

Jul 31, 2021, 11:12:28 AM7/31/21
to unli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think that we need a revision of the Unlicense, because :

- I don't want to do something "to the detriment of our heirs and
successors".

- If somebody doesn't trust Public Domain dedication, I want him to pay
me the right price to release my work under a license of his choice.

- I need a patent disclaimer because I can't know every patents of
the world.

- I don't want to make advertising for a particular website
in my license.

Here is my proposal for the Unlicense 21 :

Example project files:

LICENSE.txt :

PUBLIC DOMAIN <year in roman number> by <authors name>

This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.

Even so, you may want to purchase a license for legal needs.
To purchase a license send the authors a request for an Open Source
license of your choice with your best offer (no negotiations).

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
THE AUTHORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT
OR WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADE SECRET OR
OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR
OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

README.md

This is a sample Unlicensed 21 project...

For more information, please refer to <http://unlicense.org/>

main.c
/*
* Hello World example for the new Unlicense 21 revision
*
* PUBLIC DOMAIN MMXXI by John Doe
* PUBLIC DOMAIN MCMXCIX - MMXX by Jane Doe
*
* The author disclaims copyright to this source code.
*
*/

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
// code inspired by
// https://rosettacode.org/wiki/Hello_world/Text (we cite
// our sources of information).
return 0;
}

contributing.md

To contribute, add :
"
PUBLIC DOMAIN <year in roman number> by <your name, email or pseudo>
The author disclaims copyright to this source code.
"
to the top of each file you created and don't forget to cite your
sources of information.

If you contribute, please add your name, rating and your total
amount of time spent on the project in this file.

The rating money unit is the BigMac (BM) currency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8RqgVjIDB8 (in french)
https://www.economist.com/big-mac-index
https://www.travailler-en-suisse.ch/tendances-salaires-informaticiens-suisse.html
(in french)

The 31 July 2021, the proposed ratings are :

Junior project leader : 8750 CHF * 1.1 USD/CHF = $9625 USD
per month in Switzerland
9625 / 20 days of work = $481 USD per day
481 / 8 hour of work per day = $60 USD per hour
60 / 6.5 USD per BigMac = 9 BM/h
======

Junior software developer : 6 BM/h
======

Senior project leader : 14 BM/h
=======

Choose what you think is the right BM/h for your skills.

===========
| Work book |
===========

hours BM/hour Name
---------- ------- --------------------------------------
324 15 Jane Doe
10.5 6 john...@example.org
0.5 7 anonymous bug reporter

New ideas, comments, wording, spelling and grammar corrections are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
JML...

Links:

[1]: https://unlicense.org/