w32api

L Michaels

Mar 24, 2016, 1:43:49 PM3/24/16
to The Unlicense
Just ran across this mailing list.  Found reading through some of its archives very interesting.  Think the Cod5 site is great and enjoyed browsing through github.com/mooseman/ (which I saw mentioned on this mailing list).

Cod5 mentions the w32api is in public domain.  Also parts of mingwrt (mingw runtime library) used to be in the public domain.  Both MinGW projects (mingw.org and mingw64) have since changed the licenses of later versions of these libraries/headers to MIT style licenses.  At one point, I contacted the MinGW developers (mingw.org) and asked if they'd be willing to dual license (MIT and CC0 or Unlicense).  The answer was no.  I've since been building my own version of the mingw compiler using gcc source code and the earlier w32api and mingwrt libraries plus my own patches.  I'd prefer to see w32api and mingwrt as public domain so there are no licensing issues when distributing applications built with the MinGW compiler.  Was wondering if anyone else was interested in continuing to use/patch earlier versions of w32api and mingwrt.  Would be nice to combine efforts with others who might be interested in working with these libraries.

Thanks.

jean-marc lienher

Mar 24, 2016, 4:01:32 PM3/24/16
to unli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

L Michaels wrote:
> Cod5 mentions the w32api is in public domain. Also parts of mingwrt
> (mingw runtime library) used to be in the public domain. Both MinGW
> projects (mingw.org and mingw64) have since changed the licenses of

Thanks for the information. I've updated the cod5.org web page.

Best regards,
Jean-Marc