Looking for C standard libraries

L Michaels

Nov 2, 2018, 9:02:23 AM11/2/18
to The Unlicense
Anyone have any recommendations for C standard libraries or code that can be used for part of a C standard library that's in the public domain, or uses CC0 or unlicense?  I know of three examples to date.  The original pdclib ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdos/ ), Owen Shepherd's version of pdclib and parts of mingwrt version 3.20-2 or prior.  The libtomcrypt libraries also look useful.  Does anyone have other recommendations?  I'm experimenting with trying to build a CC0 replacement for mingwrt that would be more POSIX compatible.  Once it's working on Windows, hoping to make it more cross-platform portable and get it work with other operating systems as well.  Suggestions or ideas appreciated.  Also, if you know of a similar project where someone would want to collaborate or share ideas, I'd be interested in hearing about it.  Thanks.

L Michaels

Nov 8, 2018, 7:25:14 AM11/8/18
to The Unlicense
Ran across the libc11 library that uses the unlicense.  Anyone know if development is still active?  Looks like there are some parts missing that are part of the C library standard.  Given enough time, it would be fairly easy to add some of the missing pieces.  Just wondering if anyone is still interested in development for it.  I'd love to see a public domain alternative to a standard C library like newlib that would port easily to a variety of environments and platforms.