[Announcement] Sugarizer v1.5 is available for your device

Lionel Laské

Apr 28, 2021, 3:21:30 PM4/28/21
to Sugar-dev Devel, iaep, Unlea...@googlegroups.com, OLPC Devel
Hi all,

I'm proud to announce the version 1.5 of Sugarizer, the leading learning platform for children.

https://sugarizer.org

New in this version:
  • 2 new activities included:
    • Dollar Street activity: This activity - based on DollarStreet website from Gapminder - lets you discover how people live in different countries depending on their monthly income.
    • XMas Lights activity: An activity to create nice blinking Christmas lights using Sugarizer icons and colors.
  • 3 improved activities:
    • Clock activity: New options to show or hide minutes, AM hours, PM hours and a full 24h mode. The best activity to learn how to read the time is here.
    • Color My World activity: Add countries flags in the Color My World activity. Learn countries' flags at the same time as location.
    • Shared Notes activity: Choose background color or background image in the Shared Notes activity.
  • Take picture from Journal popup: It's now possible to take a picture from any activity where there is the Journal popup. No need to use Record activity.
  • Full Spanish localization.
  • Improved stability: more than 30 fix and update on Sugarizer and activities.
A short animation of these features is visible here: https://youtu.be/eLaHwlMK3Ps
A full description of Sugarizer activities with demo video, category and recommended age is available on https://sugarizer.org/activities.html

We need your help to improve Sugarizer user experience and make it accessible to more users! You could now support Sugarizer on GitHub Sponsor [1] or Liberapay [2].

Sugarizer 1.5  is available on your browser [3] but also for your Android, iOS, Linux, MacOS or Windows device. Download it from : Google Play [4], Amazon Store [5], Apple Store [6], F-droid [7], snapcraft [8] and if you don't like stores, you could also install it by yourself using instructions on the Sugarizer website [9].
On Android, Sugarizer could also replace your launcher with Sugarizer OS [10].
And if you want to deploy Sugarizer Server for your school, follow instructions here [11].

               Lionel Laské

P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to Alberto Gómez Herrera (Spanish localization) and all other contributors who made this release possible.

[1] https://github.com/sponsors/llaske
[2] https://liberapay.com/llaske
[3] https://try.sugarizer.org
[4] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.olpc_france.sugarizer