I'm proud to announce the version 1.2 of Sugarizer Server  the server side of Sugarizer application .
to our recent participation to Google Summer of Code and to feedbacks
from our users and from our Sugarizer Deployment in Saint-Ouen , this
new Sugarizer Server version integrate major features and improvements.
Specifically, new features in this version are:
- Teacher profile: teachers
are now able to connect with a specific account and handle their
classrooms and students without a global view of the deployment.
- Customizable Stats: Statistics view in dashboard is now fully customizable with more than 15 charts to understand all aspects of Sugarizer usage in your school.
- Tutorial: The dashboard contains now a full tutorial to explain all features for all screens to admins and teachers.
- Import/Export: The dashboard integrate import/export features to populate easily your database with new teachers and students accounts.
- Improved UI:
Columns sorting, more user friendly error messages, improved classroom
view, more responsive IO, … the dashboard UI has been reviewed to be
more usable by teachers/admins.
- QRCode connection: Connect your Sugarizer application to your server in in few seconds by using the QR Code integrated within the dahsboard,
- Unlimited storage: Database now support unlimited Journal size and Journal item up to 256mb,
- Improved command line options: activate/desactivate logs, detect and show node.js version, … new options and features allow you to have more control on your server.
- Optimization: ESLint
and Grunt minimizer are now integrated to improve code quality and
performance. A new aggregate API has also been created to optimize stats
Find a detailed change log on .
Server 1.2 is available for any computer using Docker or could be
directly installed on Linux, MacOS or Windows. A specific documentation
explain how to deploy on a RaspberryPI, Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Service. See here for more .
Note that since Sugarizer v1.0, Sugarizer Application and Sugarizer Server are split and are updated separately. So Sugarizer Server v1.2 could be use by Sugarizer Application v1.0, v1.1 or v1.2.
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to Nikhil Mehra, Tarun K. Singhal, Ashish Aggarwal and to all GSoC contributors.