Evaluation data statistics

Zafar Takhirov

Jul 28, 2023, 5:24:48 PM7/28/23
to unlearning-challenge
Suppose we use LiRA during the unlearning process. To speedup the process by using offline LiRA, would it be possible to get the distributions of the `in` set, as well as some representative `out` set distributions?
If not, would computing `N` models count towards the final evaluation?

Fabian Pedregosa

Jul 31, 2023, 12:49:05 PM7/31/23
to Zafar Takhirov, unlearning-challenge
Hi Zafar,

1. The unlearning function signature provides a retain, forget, and validation set, from which in theory you could estimate these distributions. We don't plan to provide any other information besides this

2. Yes, anything done in the unlearning function runs towards runtime.

Kind regards