Status?

Dan Stromberg

Jul 13, 2010, 8:22:21 PM7/13/10
to unladen...@googlegroups.com

I'm obviously not in charge of anyone on the Unladen Swallow project, but I think people are starting to wonder what's going on with the project (see the recent thread on comp.lang.python), even speculating that it may be dying (a guy in my local Python User Group).  So it might help to write up something about recent progress.

It seems that there was a 2009Q4 release branched in SVN, but never announced on the web site.  And there's been a chunk'o time gone by since that.

What _is_ up?  I'm kind of excited about the project's potential.

--
Dan Stromberg

Steven Noonan

Jul 13, 2010, 8:25:23 PM7/13/10
to Dan Stromberg, unladen...@googlegroups.com
PEP 3146[1] has been approved, so most of the developers are working
on merging Unladen Swallow into the py3k-jit branch of the official
Python repository.

So don't worry, things are happening! :)

- Steven

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3146/