[Need Ideas] I'm hoping you guys know of some youtube channels that we might target and ask for promotion

Nik

Jan 8, 2013, 2:58:17 PM1/8/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
For example, this guy I just found from a post on Reddit: http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesNintendoNerd?v=LWltQ9UN5vE&lr=1

I'm sure there are many others. List them here if you can!

Oh and feel free to bombard them with messages, requesting that they do a spot on the universe project. :p

Thanks guys!
Nik

loganmu...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2013, 10:59:43 PM1/8/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Nerd cubed. He LOVES Indie games. He is very open to games like this and I honestly don't know if he will like the game but he may be very supportive of it. He is your best bet. :D I will sing him some messages about it but he would be more inclined to help if YOU send him stuff :D.

loganmu...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2013, 12:35:57 AM1/9/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Guess I should have linked his channel woops :D here it is: http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialNerdCubed

m.milosa...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2013, 12:10:39 PM1/9/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I think Vsauce is good.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Vsauce

MaGGoT

Jan 9, 2013, 12:35:11 PM1/9/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so, I think that people like Tobuscus, Pewdiepie (my god, why) or The Creatures could be interested..
http://www.youtube.com/user/tobuscus
http://www.youtube.com/user/raywilliamjohnson

also, don't relly know about james, he mainly does old-ass nostalgic games.. But yah, those are my suggestions..

grov...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2013, 12:43:53 PM1/9/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Why did you link RWJ..?

Tairu

Jan 9, 2013, 4:53:07 PM1/9/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

Nikolas Gauvreau

Jan 9, 2013, 4:58:04 PM1/9/13
to MaGGoT, universe-project...@googlegroups.com

So far, I emailed everyone maggot sent, ill keep trying everyone you post here. Thanks guys!

Nikolas Gauvreau

Jan 9, 2013, 5:52:03 PM1/9/13
to MaGGoT, universe-project...@googlegroups.com

If people could add contact email addresses too, that would be ++

loganmu...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2013, 6:06:30 PM1/9/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com, MaGGoT
Here is Nerd Cubed's e-mail! :D busi...@nerdcubed.co.uk

Yannick Severyns

Jan 10, 2013, 6:07:57 AM1/10/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Does a lot of indie games, first impressions and discussions.
All sorts of games, first impressions and in-depth discussions.
Does mostly shooters and strategy, but I think he might be intrested.
This is my channel, i'm not big (but growing pretty fast lately) but I can get some people on the train aswell.

Hope this helps.

Nik

Jan 10, 2013, 9:48:02 AM1/10/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com, MaGGoT
Nerd cube done!

MaGGoT

Jan 10, 2013, 2:34:25 PM1/10/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Because last time I checked his vlogs, he was a gamer himself. + he has a huge fanbase, ought to get attention

Roy Ruiz

Jan 11, 2013, 11:36:53 AM1/11/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
LGR (Lazy Game Reviews)
https://www.youtube.com/user/phreakindee
Does reviews on retro PC games, but usually does first impressions on indie games.

Nikolas Gauvreau

Jan 11, 2013, 11:37:58 AM1/11/13
to Roy Ruiz, universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone, I'm sending out emails when I have time but speed would be vastly improved if you guys could find their contact emails for me! In any case though, I really appreciate the links. :)

jedi93

Jan 16, 2013, 11:18:26 AM1/16/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com, Roy Ruiz

Aidanny

Jan 18, 2013, 2:17:59 PM1/18/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Tobuscus, he has an odd 2 million (i think) subs and does funny advertisements all the time http://youtube.com/Tobuscus (you'll find his business stuff there)

PrototypeTEGTA

Jan 23, 2013, 11:43:58 AM1/23/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I'm not trying to be negative here, but I think aiming for gamers/Youtubers of very high popularity is a longshot (Smosh/Tobuscus/Pewdiepie for ex.), since the game doesn't have any kind of gameplay demo, screenshots or playable pre-release (YET). I know it will be possible to get their attention eventually, but starting to target Youtubers who are more trusted to support your game in its early stages is probably a better choice, especially if they are big fans of indie games. I'm pretty sure Nerdcubed or Northernlion for example will be very open to games like that. http://www.youtube.com/user/Northernlion/
Again, excuse me for the lack of optimism on that front, but you can target the big guys later; once you have a strong, working base of the game. ;)

Aidanny

Jan 23, 2013, 3:46:45 PM1/23/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I do have to agree with you.. but we will wait and see what happens :)

Ben Whipkey

Jan 27, 2013, 5:07:24 PM1/27/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Um, Machinima?

They'd LOVE to help.

VDEStudios

Jan 27, 2013, 5:46:12 PM1/27/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Read PrototypeTEGTA's post, there are no screenshots or demos (yet). Once there are screenshots and other things i'm sure they'll look at it.

Ben Whipkey

Jan 27, 2013, 5:48:39 PM1/27/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Ack, good point. In that case, I'd talk with the Yogscast, as well as all the Minecraft commentators you can find. They'll most likely all love the idea of this game, so you could find a huge support base there. I'm talking tens of millions of people.

Joshua Daviss

Jan 27, 2013, 8:01:46 PM1/27/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Try going for these to youtubers paulsoaresjr and Captainsparkelz links below

Lou Gallay

Jan 27, 2013, 11:08:04 PM1/27/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I'll do my own advertisement for your project. I promise it.

Matthew Gakowski

Jan 28, 2013, 5:29:54 AM1/28/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Robbaz, penguinz0, BebopVox and VSauce might put in their Vsauce 3 channel if you ask them nicely.

evan gaynor

Jan 31, 2013, 6:48:18 PM1/31/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

Ranged66

Feb 2, 2013, 4:45:05 AM2/2/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Totalbiscuit can be nice...

Benjadahl

Feb 4, 2013, 1:19:05 PM2/4/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Nerd cubed for fure! :)

Den onsdag den 9. januar 2013 04.59.43 UTC+1 skrev loganmu...@gmail.com:
Nerd cubed. He LOVES Indie games. He is very open to games like this and I honestly don't know if he will like the game but he may be very supportive of it. He is your best bet. :D I will sing him some messages about it but he would be more inclined to help if YOU send him stuff :D.

Maz

Feb 4, 2013, 4:31:31 PM2/4/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I just got rage gaming involved he posted the link on his Facebook, its going to be popular now!

James Mann

Feb 9, 2013, 1:26:08 PM2/9/13

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:58:17 PM UTC-5, Nik wrote:
For example, this guy I just found from a post on Reddit: http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesNintendoNerd?v=LWltQ9UN5vE&lr=1

I'm sure there are many others. List them here if you can!

Oh and feel free to bombard them with messages, requesting that they do a spot on the universe project. :p

Thanks guys!
Nik

I know mojang likes to donate why doesn't someone tweet them about this project.

VDEStudios

Feb 10, 2013, 5:35:59 PM2/10/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure I got MinecraftManifestTV on board

hjklr...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2013, 8:08:31 AM6/24/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
WiiRikeToPray would just love to play this game. So would Tobygames.

hjklr54679

Jun 26, 2013, 8:40:09 AM6/26/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
#JoeyGraceffa