Logo ideas..?

madisonk...@yahoo.com

Jan 10, 2013, 7:36:43 PM1/10/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys! I am very interested in this game. its so unique, and original. I figured, why not help out? So here is a logo that I did a quick sketch up on. Let me know what you think!

Aidanny Scotland

Jan 11, 2013, 10:56:25 AM1/11/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I like it, but i have a few suggestions, rather than having the purple colour, make it have a picture of space with stars and planets. It would give more of a universy type feel to it :)

Kait Mazing

Jan 12, 2013, 12:03:23 AM1/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Hey its good! Like the other person said maybe something that relates to the game a bit more. Like space or incorporating different time eras like cave man, medieval and then futuristic.

Jan 12, 2013, 11:05:11 AM1/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I think adding a picture of the evolution of man (you know, the diagram where ape is on the left, turns into human on right) at the bottom line would work wonders.

VDEStudios

Jan 12, 2013, 4:39:13 PM1/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

What about this one that I just made? Notice that I put the Developers name above, my name at the bottom to show that I made the logo, and finally ape turning into men.

VDEStudios

Jan 12, 2013, 4:41:54 PM1/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

Reuploaded to make my name fit in more.

Jan 12, 2013, 4:53:16 PM1/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Nice.

VDEStudios

Jan 12, 2013, 6:04:39 PM1/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Thanks

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:53:16 PM UTC-7, C wrote:
Nice.

Aidanny Scotland

Jan 12, 2013, 8:22:49 PM1/12/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Id still like to see the main text have a "starry" feel

VDEStudios

Jan 13, 2013, 1:51:13 AM1/13/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I'll get on it, and please no-one steal my work without permission, except for Nik because I made it for you.

VDEStudios

Jan 13, 2013, 6:26:24 PM1/13/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

Do you like it Now?

Kait Mazing

Jan 13, 2013, 7:36:28 PM1/13/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Very nice! :D Although I don't know if ape to man fits. I don't think we're playing evolution in the game? But anyway it looks really fantastic. You're so clever! :D

VDEStudios

Jan 13, 2013, 7:53:55 PM1/13/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I can always edit more, if needed. Thanks for the input also it will help me improve it.

Aidanny Scotland

Jan 13, 2013, 8:51:33 PM1/13/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Sputter sputter o_0 thats... awesome!

Eugene Golden

Jan 15, 2013, 12:56:42 PM1/15/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Maybe show the evolution of man but starting at caveman instead of ape? That's where we're gonna start anyway I believe

VDEStudios

Jan 15, 2013, 4:57:28 PM1/15/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
K, ill try that out later today or tomorrow.

Jan 17, 2013, 3:40:49 PM1/17/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
If you are going to start at caveman, you should have the caveman have a club that turns into a briefcase.

Hugo Hammarberg

Jan 18, 2013, 12:00:41 PM1/18/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I made a really good logo (I think) in blender. But when I rendered it something went wrong:

If someone here is familiar with blender please help me.

Manny

Jan 19, 2013, 10:41:32 PM1/19/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

I took a swing myself.

grov...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2013, 8:04:32 AM1/20/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Your are a lot better. What is the font you used for the text?
Message has been deleted

Manny

Jan 20, 2013, 6:03:25 PM1/20/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
"rezland" or REZ" - http://www.dafont.com/rezland.font

It's public domain. Any critiques?

Nikolas Gauvreau

Jan 20, 2013, 6:07:06 PM1/20/13
to Manny, universe-project...@googlegroups.com

Looks great! I wonder if you could put the planet to replace the e in univOrse, without it looking like univorse heh. That being said, I already have a working logo (the purplish spacey cloudy one). But I appreciate seeing your takes. Bravo

Manny

Jan 20, 2013, 7:11:16 PM1/20/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

I see what you mean, but I can't think of a way to do that without it looking live an -orse. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing your working logo, though. Thank you.

Nikolas Gauvreau

Jan 20, 2013, 9:51:29 PM1/20/13
to Manny, universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Thats cool though. The continents wont be Earth, so its possible to augment the O-planet to look slightly more like an e... but anyway, just if you feel like messing with it. Love the starry background too.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Manny <mbarr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I see what you mean, but I can't think of a way to do that without it looking live an -orse. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing your working logo, though. Thank you.

madisonk...@yahoo.com

Jan 28, 2013, 5:50:00 PM1/28/13

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:36:43 PM UTC-6, madisonk...@yahoo.com wrote:
Hey guys! I am very interested in this game. its so unique, and original. I figured, why not help out? So here is a logo that I did a quick sketch up on. Let me know what you think!

I'm currently working on one in Cinema 4D that will look really nice.

Hugo Hammarberg

Jan 28, 2013, 6:19:49 PM1/28/13
Den måndagen den 28:e januari 2013 kl. 23:50:00 UTC+1 skrev madisonk...@yahoo.com:
> On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:36:43 PM UTC-6, madisonk...@yahoo.com wrote:Hey guys! I am very interested in this game. its so unique, and original. I figured, why not help out? So here is a logo that I did a quick sketch up on. Let me know what you think!

> I'm currently working on one in Cinema 4D that will look really nice.
I'm sure it will look better than mine. I don't know why I wrote that my image looks good. Even if it would have been rendered normally it wouldn't have looked good anyway. I was just playing around with blender.

I hope you can understand what I've written. I'm tired right now.

Populus

Jan 30, 2013, 10:11:23 AM1/30/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
These are very, very good. Did you make the background or did you take it from somewhere?
If you did make it yourself I would vote for this to be the official UP logo. All three of them.

Russell Sprengel

Jan 30, 2013, 9:45:46 PM1/30/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I'm not great with graphics, but I was thinking about something kind of along these lines as something that's not a banner.

Cody Dalton

Feb 1, 2013, 3:23:58 AM2/1/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Oh that looks nice, kinda has that old windows 95/98 era PC game look to it, kinda reminds me of the days of Civilization 3 and Age of Empires I and II, games back then were really made to be fun even a decade after they were brought out!
Message has been deleted

TygerBane

May 25, 2013, 4:10:05 AM5/25/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com