If you wish to contribute to this project, you can now join the Open Development forum!

Nik

Dec 18, 2012, 4:27:46 PM12/18/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
We are organizing the open-source components of the project over the coming weeks, which means we'll be try to use as many people as we can. That being said, the devotion to quality will be just as high for free contributors as it is for those bootlegging and eventually, paid developers. A likely scenario would be, those who contribute the best work to the open-source components will be highly favored when choosing additional team members once the project starts seeing funding.

We can really use just about anyone who is interested in contributing. Some examples:
  • Writers
  • Translators (for the multi-lingual stuff, this may not be necessary for some time however)
  • People who can use a browser (for marketing, getting the word out, and responding to questions that come up in various communities. Not much skill required here, just communication skills)
  • Java developers
  • Photoshop artists
  • 3DS Max users and/or script writers (we will want to automate some rendering functions, but I'm sure plugins exist that do what we need)
  • 3D modelers
  • Testers (super early in the project, we will need those willing to put technical demos to the test and try to find problems. No skill required here)
  • Lawyers (to give us a heads up regarding issues we might run into for some of the global functions we plan on implementing - specifically, player to player transactions with real money, to name one example.)

Thanks for your support!
Nik

Vladmir Morkus

Dec 18, 2012, 5:00:10 PM12/18/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would like to contribute, but I think I would only be eligible for testing, and possibly writing (depends what's happening with the writing things). Hope I can help. :D

Ansis Kvelde

Dec 18, 2012, 5:11:32 PM12/18/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I Could contribute to Writers, Testing and maybe a Translator.

Jonathan Tseng

Dec 18, 2012, 9:16:42 PM12/18/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would love to test out the game. I would provide feedback, and also report glitches, bugs, etc. Thanks for making this game possible!

Ross

Dec 18, 2012, 9:19:36 PM12/18/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
With Johnathon on this, would love to help test this game.

Lossidian

Dec 18, 2012, 11:50:30 PM12/18/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
If you need a helper, I can give you Testing, Writing, and some marketing.

Nathan Bean

Dec 19, 2012, 11:44:30 AM12/19/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would love to be a tester... I am not good for much else, but I play enough videogames to be a casual, but dedicated player, and would love to help this fantastic project any way I can... Good luck!

Wesley Newsam

Dec 27, 2012, 11:49:53 AM12/27/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would be really interested in helping to early-access test and possibly do some writing depending on what it is I would be writing! Thanks!

XeAnDev

Dec 30, 2012, 3:27:32 PM12/30/12
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
If you have any need for yet another tester, I'm here as well. Also, I compose music, so if you need anything done involving piano, or even a small-ish orchestra/symphony, I can take it upon myself to create some stuff.

VDEStudios

Jan 5, 2013, 4:20:00 PM1/5/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Nik, would love to be a 3D modler, but I need to see the style and other things to make it fit into the game and not look weird. Also I have 6 referrals so far, so when will the testing for testers begin?
Message has been deleted

Matt/Maz

Jan 7, 2013, 3:41:34 PM1/7/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I have applied by email so i hope you see it.

Heisen

Jan 7, 2013, 9:26:40 PM1/7/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Nik, I can write, translate and test right now.
I'm getting a little bit of Java, so, by the end of the year, I want to have some "proficiency".

RWadeB

Jan 9, 2013, 3:29:29 PM1/9/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would be able to test very often. For example, I can test a phone version literally all day and log in 5-7 hours everyday of computer and console versions of testing. I figure that the computer will be the main one needing testing in the beginning.

I'm also known for being a huuuuuge history buff and having an in-depth knowledge of ancient civilizations and their technologies. I'm not exactly in the position to donate otherwise I would! However, if I can help in anyway I would love to.
Thanks!
-Wade.

Matias Kragh

Jan 13, 2013, 5:02:47 AM1/13/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I can test and i have some experience with 3d modeling (blender3d and unity3d) + I can translate to danish, but i don't know how relevant it is.

VDEStudios

Jan 15, 2013, 5:11:46 PM1/15/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

Can I help with the Development, I am good at 3D art using the program blender, I am also a computer artist if you see the logo I made for you, I also wanted to be a tester. I have already sent a request to be in the open dev group you have made. Here is the logo

Cyril Payen

Jan 16, 2013, 8:10:45 AM1/16/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I think I could help for translation (For the french Language) and testing... But not more.

Joshua Daviss

Jan 27, 2013, 7:27:22 PM1/27/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com

Matthew Gakowski

Jan 29, 2013, 10:32:41 PM1/29/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Writing sounds like fun to me.

Marek

Jan 30, 2013, 10:39:01 PM1/30/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
May I be a tester?

NinjaBoffin

Jan 31, 2013, 2:35:58 AM1/31/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I can be a writer, tester, Marketing, i could possibly give you an heads up on what the rules or the law is on player to player transitions (Lawyer but thats a maybe :) )  and i learn learn java to be a developer! :)

Dildo Stan

Feb 2, 2013, 9:09:40 PM2/2/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I'm willing to test and write.

Cody Isaac

Feb 5, 2013, 5:25:51 PM2/5/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I could help with both communication and testing, perhaps some writing too.

sgt frankieboy

Feb 15, 2013, 4:27:15 PM2/15/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would like to contribute. I'm good at JavaScript so I can work on things that are Client-Side. My native language is Dutch so I can help with translating it to Dutch.

Andrew Lvovsky

Feb 20, 2013, 9:41:47 PM2/20/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would love to contribute to something like this. If you need anything regarding musical scores, I have some demos ready to send. Thanks for the opportunity Nik! :)

Ben Benson

Feb 25, 2013, 10:43:00 PM2/25/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I could potentially help with programing. I have experience with ActionScript 2 & 3. Some experience with Java and also Monkey.

Heath Wallace

Apr 18, 2013, 2:31:18 AM4/18/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
Hi, is there a way I could message you or email you personally? I would like to discuss an opportunity for us.
Message has been deleted

Ben Benson

Apr 18, 2013, 3:06:55 PM4/18/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
bsbe...@gmail.com is my email.

J Daniels

Jul 4, 2013, 7:49:26 AM7/4/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
  • Writer (both technical and story)
  • Translator (English, German)
  • Sound Design (Soundscapes, Interface, Foley, Dialog, etc... I've done it all)
  • Tester

Mostly interested in the sound design aspect, but I'm willing and able to do anything else.

JD

Brandon Long

Jul 8, 2013, 11:13:05 AM7/8/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would love to help with java development. I've done a few little projects. Most of my knowledge is in android but I am a beginner.

Dawson Harvey

Sep 23, 2013, 8:56:55 PM9/23/13
to universe-project...@googlegroups.com
I would love to be a tester, and help answer a lot of the questions people ask about this project.