Black Web Series Final Two Episodes Need Captioning

Robert Goodwin

Jul 19, 2017, 3:11:42 AM7/19/17
to Amara – Deaf & Hard of Hearing Discussion List
My partner and I run the Captioned Web TV and Caption Action 2 blogs and Facebook groups. We would like to make requests here now and then.

Every now and then we've asked around for volunteers to caption the last few episodes of a webseries where the producers have left off. We've posted to Reddit groups CaptionsPlease and TranscriptRequest.

Right now we are trying to find volunteers to finish the captioning of an old black web series, "The PuNanny Diaries." The producers did not caption the last two episodes.

These are the URLs for the last two episodes if anyone wants to try completing them on Amara:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BeScS1YZwo (episode 9)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGK71AfrLOA (episode 10)

This web series won four awards at the 2011 Los Angeles Web Series Festival.

This is just one example. Very often, we find web series where the producers did not complete the captioning, usually the last episode or two. Producers are not always willing to go back and finish the captioning.

We would like to have a small group of volunteers to work with to complete the captioning of such web series.