YouTube captions in API v3.0?

Dean Jansen

Jun 3, 2014, 10:46:18 AM6/3/14
to universal-subt...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has information about YouTube adding support for captions in their latest API v3.0?

YouTube announced that API v2.0 is going to be shut down in less than a year, on April 20 of 2015 [1]. The new API, v3.0, doesn't seem to support captions yet [2], but a google employee has said publicly (9 months ago) that they're adding support soon [3].

I'm wondering if we've got any insiders on this list that have updates on the situation?

Best,
Dean

Yuuki DeName

Apr 6, 2015, 8:51:21 AM4/6/15
to universal-subt...@googlegroups.com, de...@pculture.org
It has been a long time, but for reference, captions are now supported by the API v3.

For details, see:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/29470703/3925216
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/captions

Dean Jansen

Apr 6, 2015, 9:25:39 AM4/6/15
to Yuuki DeName, universal-subt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up, Yuuki.

We're in the process of integrating with the new API right now!

Best,
Dean