uLink 1.5.3, It's about time.

Aidin Abedi

Jun 17, 2013, 10:32:39 AM6/17/13
to unitypark-news

Dear Awesome Developers!

I’m back from my first vacation since MuchDifferent started. I’m sorry if anyone has been waiting for fixes that were in my backlog. I’m now going through my inbox and todo list and I am pleased to report that with your patience and help uLink have become so much better. :)

Today, I’m proud to finally ship a big maintenance release, uLink 1.5.3, with lots of awesome fixes and optimizations. It’s been sweet squishing every last bug, enjoy!

uLink 1.5.3 Lina (2013-06-16) [Windows] [Mac] [Linux (tools only)]

Improvements:

  • Optimized dispatching messages for hidden groups, significantly.

  • Optimized internal data structures to avoid temporary allocations.

  • Added more logging when a client and server connection handshake goes through the Proxy Server.

  • Implemented fallback connection (using external IP and port), if connecting to a local server (via internal IP and port) first fails.

  • Improved logging in the Master Server.

  • Optimized and improved editor windows “Assign Unique Manual ViewIDs” and “Select uLink prefabs to be registered”.

Fixes:

  • Fixed reported issues when NetworkView changes group.

  • Fixed reported issue "Trying to read past buffer size" during serialization, which previously was also made more evident by batchSendAtEndOfFrame.

  • Fixed bug when user-defined types are serialized as InitialData in Instantiate.

  • Fixed warning about "using obsolete active" in uLinkInstantiatePool, on Unity 4.1.x.

  • Fixed GUI indentation artifact in NetworkView and NetworkP2P inspector, on Unity 4.x.

  • Updated url links in various uLink editor windows and menus.

  • Fixed artifacts and improved portal camera texture in Snowbox.

Changes:

  • Changed log level of socket buffer size from warning to debug.

Sincerely,

Aidin