Get your game online! Join the UnityPark Cloud Beta!

Staffan Einarsson

Dec 18, 2012, 5:39:59 AM12/18/12
to UnityPark News
Dear UnityPark users,

This has been a long time coming, and now I'm very happy to be able to tell you that in early 2013 MuchDifferent will start offering server hosting as part of our available services. We have for some time been evolving a hosted platform that is reliable, hassle-free, and that specifically targets hosting of UnityPark Suite-powered games. The UnityPark Cloud, as we have chosen to call it, includes a pre-installed and pre-configured environment for running your game servers and lobby system with all of the UnityPark tools, as well as a ready-to-use Riak cluster that you can hook up to your game servers and lobby system.

The first incarnation of UnityPark Cloud will be an "online workbench". For €60 / month, you will get everything that you need to deploy and test your game in a real server environment. Now, we plan to start beta-testing this publicly sometime during January. The beta will be free, and those who join will get the following:
  • Exclusive use of one physical processor core and 2048 MB of memory.
  • One Windows Server 2012 VM, with pre-installed uLink Master Server, uLink Policy Server, uZone Master and uZone Node. This is where you will run your game server build and lobby build. uZone is prepared to automatically start and stop your server instances. uLink Policy Server will let you connect to your server from the Unity Web Player.
  • Three pre-configured Riak nodes, to let you connect uGameDB to a Riak cluster without any setup. These nodes run on CentOS Linux VMs.
  • A private network connecting the VMs together. The Windows VM will be visible to the public internet, while the Riak nodes can only be accessed through the private network, for security.
  • Bandwidth and disk usage limits have not been decided yet, but will be at the end of the beta.
If you would like to join in during the beta, please send me an email at staffan....@muchdifferent.com and I'll add you to the list. We will select users based on their location so I need you to write where you are based in the email. To begin with, we will start up with servers in Europe, and then we will follow up with servers in the US and in East Asia.

Once we are ready to begin the UnityPark Cloud Beta, we will notify selected participants individually.

Oh, and once your game is finished you should contact us about release hosting of your game. Then we can tailor a server environment specifically for your game and its needs.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,

-- Staffan Einarsson
Engineering

Skype: staffan.einarsson