Fwd: uZone 2.0.0 Vega released!

Michal Blazek

Jun 17, 2014, 8:41:14 AM6/17/14
to unitypa...@googlegroups.com
Hey UnityParkers,

uZone 2.0 Vega is the first of our products that has evolved so much from its initial release that it got to version 2! It is a fully rewritten version of the uZone application designed for higher stability, maintainability and control. All the basic principles of the previous uZone 1.0.3 are still valid, but now the development is far easier and you will be able to get a lot more information from your live environment.

uZone 2.0 contains several brand new features and we plan to extend it even more in the future. Beside the new features it does offer a completely new, easy to use, object oriented API.

Since we launched the uZone 2.0 beta, we have put the system to the test on large scale game server clusters, both on Windows and Linux platforms. Thus uZone 2 should now be ready to completely replace the previous uZone. A big thanks to all of you who helped beta test the new version!

Now, why not download it and give it a try?

Binaries:
http://download.muchdifferent.com/uzone/uZone_2.0.0_Vega_(2014-06-12).zip

API reference:
http://developer.muchdifferent.com/prevdevsite/api/uzone2

Software manual:
http://developer.muchdifferent.com/unitypark/uZone2/uZone2

Here is the list of the main improvements/changes

  • Implemented in C#/.NET. No Erlang runtime is required anymore.
  • The client side API has been completely redesigned. It is object oriented and should be much more intuitive now.
  • The uZone client implementation offloads a lot of responsibility from the application code. It automatically handles many uZone system notifications and keeps synchronized node and instance lists. Client applications no longer need to do these tasks manually.
  • Configuration file format changed from Erlang style to much more user-friendly JSON syntax.
  • Instance process monitoring has been added. This feature monitors the health of each running instance process and forcibly kills it if it gets into an unresponsive state.
  • And much more.

Cheers,

Michal Blazek & The UnityPark team