The perfect finish to Lina, uLink 1.5.8 (2014-03-13).

Aidin Abedi

Mar 13, 2014, 7:45:40 PM3/13/14
to unitypark-news

Hello Master Developers,

We’ve made great progress with the upcoming 1.6, which we call “Birgit”. I’m extremely excited and stoked to show you the awesome-packed new features soon. I believe you will love it. And we can’t wait to introduce her to you and make you fall in love again. In the meantime, we haven’t forgotten Lina (1.5). We’re happy to announce yet another maintenance release 1.5.8 - which although is smaller change-log-wise than the previous big 1.5.7 release, it lays the solid foundation for the amazing work yet to come. A perfect robust finish to Lina.

uLink 1.5.8 Lina (2014-03-13) [Windows] [Mac] [Linux (tools only)]

Improvements:

  • Minor improvement of API documentation references in NetworkPlayerApproval. We’ve also in parallel gone through and improved almost all API references in general as well, but only in the upcoming 1.6 release branch - so please stay tuned.

Fixes:

  • Fixed bug in NetworkPlayerApproval.Approve() or .Deny(), which occurred if it had already been auto approved after the callback uLink_OnPlayerApproval had returned.

  • Fixed bug in NetworkPlayerApproval.Approve(), which occurred if playerID was manually assigned and Network.maxConnections was reached.

  • Made some BitStream-methods public again after having been changed to internal-access-only by accident.

Changes:

  • Reverted removal of type-safety in BitStream in 1.5.7.x. Brought it back because BitStream has to be compatibility with uLobby. In the future, uLobby databases will need to be upgraded for uLink 1.6.x and we are working on making that transition as smooth and automatic as possible.

  • Lowered log level of invalid incoming RPCs from Error to Debug level. This is to avoid spamming the log file by default if the server is facing potential DDoS volume attacks.

Enjoy,

Aidin