Re: [iPhone-beta] Re: [Unity3D Developers] Re: Iphone OS version

Cliff Owen

Nov 5, 2010, 2:01:54 PM11/5/10
to Unity iPhone beta, unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Great, but that doesn't help figure out which iOS version you're running, as
bug 374633 suggests it should.

What would be nice is if the bug is actually fixed, which is what I was the
most curious about... If anyone has tried this on 3.1 to see if
SystemInfo.operatingSystem is correct. 374633 is marked as closed.

The answer is: I've now tried it on 3.1 and it's still broken. It's pretty
hard to fix bugs when you just close them though. Funny how that doesn't
make them actually go away.

Any way to reopen it or should I just resubmit?

On 11/5/10 10:20 AM, "Renaldas Zioma" <r...@unity3d.com> wrote:

> PowerVR (now named ImaginationTech) is a vendor of SGX535 - GPU inside both
> iPodTouch 4gen and iPad.
> So it looks correct to me.
>

> ReJ aka Renaldas Zioma
> Handheld Tech Lead @ Unity Technologies
>

> On Nov 5, 2010, at 6:26 PM, Cliff Owen wrote:
>
>> Nope. GraphicsDeviceVendor on iPod Touch 4gen OS 4.1 and iPad 3.2 both say
>> "POWERVR"
>>
>> Any thoughts on this for 3.1? I can try that this weekend but not at the
>> moment.
>>

>> On 11/5/10 9:13 AM, "technicat" <goo...@technicat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I reported it during the 3.0 beta. The response says
>>> System.graphicsDeviceVendor returns a "meaningful result" but I
>>> haven't checked that.
>>>
>>> http://intra.unity3d.com/fogbugz/default.asp?374633_f9nf

John Grden

Nov 5, 2010, 2:48:27 PM11/5/10
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com, Unity iPhone beta
i'm betting you'll have to resubmit and reference the old bug that was closed

Groups "Unity3D Developers" group.

For more options, visit this group at

--
[  JPG  ]