Iphone OS version

Cliff Owen

Nov 5, 2010, 12:03:21 PM11/5/10
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know how to get the OS version the iphone is running?

SystemInfo.operatingSystem returns the device ID on the iPhone, nothing OS specific.
IPhoneSettings.systemName merely says “iPhone OS”

I’m trying to figure out if I’m on OS 4 or not. I’d like to use iAd when I’m on OS 4 and Admob when I’m on an older OS. I’m feeling a little bit like my only options are to either try iAd and if it fails to deliver an ad to try Admob, but this can fail on OS 4 as well and iAd and Admob deliver ads of different sizes so it’s an inconsistent user experience, or to simply use Admob but the ads on iAd seem to be more appealing and don’t really leave your game.

I’m not seeing anything on the forums about this. I’m not really sure if anyone has tried this sort of failover before.

Thanks
Cliff

technicat

Nov 5, 2010, 12:13:39 PM11/5/10
to Unity3D Developers
I reported it during the 3.0 beta. The response says
System.graphicsDeviceVendor returns a "meaningful result" but I
haven't checked that.

http://intra.unity3d.com/fogbugz/default.asp?374633_f9nf

Cliff Owen

Nov 5, 2010, 12:26:05 PM11/5/10
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com, Unity iPhone beta
Nope. GraphicsDeviceVendor on iPod Touch 4gen OS 4.1 and iPad 3.2 both say
"POWERVR"

Any thoughts on this for 3.1? I can try that this weekend but not at the
moment.