Anyone know how to cure this?

John Grden

Sep 19, 2011, 12:12:16 PM9/19/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
`UnityScript.Scripting.IEvaluationDomainProvider' interface member implementation must be public or explicit.

Originally, this project was created with unity 2.x, and when opening in unity3x, I get this error on the files that deal with json calls.  There's only ONE post on google that mentions this bug, but all that is said is that the project was not converted to 3x and to ignore them since it was a demo - which of course doesn't help me ;)

Anyone know what this error means and how to solve it?

the files are UnityScript/JS

Thanks!

John

--
[  JPG  ]

John Grden

Sep 19, 2011, 2:44:38 PM9/19/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
finally narrowed it down.

You used to be able to do this from UnityScript/JS files and access some Boo object, but you can't anymore, hence the message:

var row:Boo.Lang.Hash = eval("{" + ary[i] + "}");

A simple fix would be to use a Hashtable:

var row:Hashtable = new Hashtable();
row.Add(ary[i].ToString(), ary[i] as Object);
--
[  JPG  ]