WheelColliders not respecting active rigidbodies?

Alex Schwartz

Jan 18, 2011, 5:22:36 PM1/18/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com

We're using wheelColliders in a project (using the JCar framework) and when the vehicle is driving on static colliders of any type, all is well. If I add in an active rigidbody to a collider (for example, If I wanted to drive over a see-saw / teeter-totter), the wheels will jitter, shake, and sometimes and pass through the collider as its driving on the rigidbody, as if the wheel colliders don't respect that collision every frame.

Any ideas?

-Alex

--
Alex Schwartz
Founder, Owlchemy Labs

John Grden

Jan 18, 2011, 6:22:46 PM1/18/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
I beleive it's because the wheel collider has to point towards the surface you want the wheel to move along - notebthe little line that extends down - that's telling u the direction contact is being made.

So you have to deal with rotAting that wheel collider to point towards the surface or maybe use a second collider that can tell the wheel collider how to orient itself

Sent from my iPhone