ipad keyboard

Joaquin Grech

Apr 20, 2011, 5:14:21 AM4/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
hi there,

I've posted on the forums but nobody replied so I don't know whether it's only happening to me. Since unity 3.3 the ipad keyboard orientation always popups vertically. It doesn't matter if I set the orientation on landscape mode on Unity project properties.

ironically on the iphone it works perfectly, it only happens on the ipad.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Joaquin

Joaquin Grech Gomendio

International MBA & Computer Scientist. IE Business School & NYU

http://www.joaquingrech.com/

Elliott Mitchell

Apr 20, 2011, 8:01:12 AM4/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Konieczka
Something similar happened to us yesterday. Dan fixed it some how. He is CCed on this email.

Elliott
----------------------------------

Elliott Mitchell

President / Creative Director
Vermont Digital Arts, LLC

Guilford, VT 05301, USA

Joaquin Grech

Apr 20, 2011, 8:00:04 AM4/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Dan works for Unity3d?

Is this a known bug? I'm wondering because I submitted it as a bug and nobody replied. On the forums nobody said anything either. I'm surprised that nobody noticed it on ipad if it's a real bug.

Joaquin Grech Gomendio

International MBA & Computer Scientist. IE Business School & NYU

http://www.joaquingrech.com/

Elliott Mitchell

Apr 20, 2011, 8:21:45 AM4/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
No, Dan does work with me not Unity sorry. Not sure if it's a real bug or not. He'll be online a little later.

Dan Konieczka

Apr 20, 2011, 9:56:09 AM4/20/11
to Elliott Mitchell, unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Joaquin,

One thing You may want to try is first in the awake functions of one of your first scripts put in:

    iPhoneKeyboard.autorotateToPortrait = false;
    iPhoneKeyboard.autorotateToPortraitUpsideDown = false;
    iPhoneKeyboard.autorotateToLandscapeRight = false;
    iPhoneKeyboard.autorotateToLandscapeLeft = true;

You want all of them to be false except for one.

Then after you build open info.plist in XCode and delete the extra orientations under UISupportedInterfaceOrientations.  Unfortunately the info.plist file gets overwritten every time you build so you may want to try making the file read only.

-Dan

Joaquin Grech

Apr 20, 2011, 10:06:03 AM4/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
i already did the code. But the info.plist should not be overriden, or if it was it should be with the values on the unity3d project settings which is set to landscape, right?

Joaquin Grech Gomendio

International MBA & Computer Scientist. IE Business School & NYU

http://www.joaquingrech.com/

Elliott Mitchell

Apr 20, 2011, 10:12:44 AM4/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
When ever I  build in 3.3 the info.plist is overwritten. If I set to "read only" I get errors.
-Elliott