silly question

John Grden

Feb 20, 2011, 12:31:42 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
where in the world do you submit a mac store app??  I've obviously done it a tone through iTunes connect, but I see no option for designating a mac store app.  Is there a separate location for this?  do I have to agree to something to get it to show up as an option in iTunes connect?  i don't see any new contract/agreements to agree too, and I can't seem to find mention of WHERE to submit it

thanks for your help,

John

--
[  JPG  ]

Cliff Owen

Feb 20, 2011, 12:57:58 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes. You sign up for another subscription and once approved (I think it took about an hour for me), it shows up under iTunes Connect. You get another section there titled “MacOS” which is right under the iOS stuff.

I’m running out the door but will be back in a couple hours. If you cannot find it, I will dig up the exact location for you... But step all the way back out of iTunes Connect and go back to the main developer portal. You should see it there. It took me a while to remember that since, once signed up, I spend most of my real time inside of iTunes Connect and almost never go through the iOS portal anymore (unless I need to create new provisions for a new project).

John Grden

Feb 20, 2011, 2:40:09 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Cool, I'd done that weeks ago, but I don't see anything new In iTunes connect. I signed up with the same developer acct.  Is there somewhere else I can view my acct info?

Sent from my iPhone

Cliff Owen

Feb 20, 2011, 2:58:57 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, you see “MacOS” stuff in your sales report... That’s what I was thinking of.

In “Manage your applications”, you can “Add New App”. You should get a new screen that says iOS or MacOS. If you don’t get that, go back to iTunes Connect and look for any “Warnings”, such as contracts that haven’t been filled out yet. If you don’t have all your contracts done, go to “Contracts, Tax and Banking” and do whatever is remaining there.

John Grden

Feb 20, 2011, 3:20:45 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I checked the agreements, and even tried to add an app, but there is no choice - guess I gotta see why my acct doesn't show up for Mac apps

Sent from my iPhone

John Grden

Feb 20, 2011, 4:50:01 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help Cliff, it pointed me in the right direction for sure.  I went and found my old email about activating the acct.  I had already done it, but thought why not and try again.  It told me I'd already done this, but NOW I had a new agreement in iTunes Connect to agree to for Mac apps ;)

So thanks again, really appreciate the help,

John
--
[  JPG  ]

Cliff Owen

Feb 20, 2011, 7:45:05 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
Great news. I knew that if I could do it, you could do it. Sometimes things just get screwy. 2 weeks ago everything in iTunes Connect was weird. My paid apps were showing up in upgrades and in-app purchases were showing up in downloads and MacOS was gone. It was like that for 4 days. After 2 days I sent in a service request to find out what was going on, and 2 days later it was fixed. On Friday (just 2 days ago), they responded that everything appeared fine. Yeah, um, thanks for that.

Sometimes I wonder if it’s just me. :) Seems the answer is no. Maybe now I’ll wonder if it’s just you and me. :)

Joaquin Grech

Feb 20, 2011, 7:58:23 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
btw, out of curiosity... how're the mac apps monitizing so far? are the close to the iphone/ipod level, lower, higher?

Joaquin Grech Gomendio

International MBA, Concentration in Finance & Entrepreneurship

IE Business School, Founder IE Spain Club, www.iespainclub.com

Cliff Owen

Feb 20, 2011, 10:16:17 PM2/20/11
to unity3d-d...@googlegroups.com
In my case, it’s not a fair comparison because I’m not doing the same thing in both places. There’s no advertising in the MacOS and no in-app purchases or anything that I’m aware of yet... So the F2P model doesn’t work so well.

I will say, however, that I’ve more than made up the $99 it cost to put my game there. I charge $4.99 and I get an average of about 10-15 downloads a day (some days 0, some days 30).

For whatever it’s worth... That’s what I know.

Cheers
Cliff