[VOTE] Switch to official TLDs .tech?

Werner Keil

Mar 4, 2018, 12:39:33 PM3/4/18
to Units Users
Hi,

Here's another vote. I also started a ticket for Indriya: https://github.com/unitsofmeasurement/indriya/issues/35
Which at least for the RI and TCK would be adopted equally.

  • Either use the new official units.tech namespace for all aspects of JSR 385 (except the API with its standard packages)
  • Or stick to the virtual predecessor units.tec
What do you prefer?

The same official TLD uom.tech is also registered, hence if the preference for the JSR artifacts was on .tech other libraries should also follow.
Looking at MavenCentral: https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C10%7Ctech. there are around 200 artifacts using the .tech namespace now. The only ones using .tec (in the absense of a working .tech domain back in 2014) are projects related to JSR 363.

I know, Indriya 1.0 is already out under tec.units, but if we find tech.units was better for 2.0 a service release like 1.1 could also implement the switch. All other implementations of JSR 363 will not be changed regardless of the choice for 2.0.

Thanks,
Werner

Werner Keil

Mar 4, 2018, 12:40:57 PM3/4/18
to Units Users
You may also vote here like
+1 for .tec
or
+1 for .tech

Ideally everyone with a GitHub user should vote there.

Werner Keil

Mar 8, 2018, 7:39:12 AM3/8/18
to Units Users
Thanks a lot everyone who voted. We have 7 votes unanimously for option A (move to the .tech namespace) so even applying the strict Apache way works for this code-changing decision.

I'm going to lock this thread and will close the issue as soon as changes are applied to all relevant JSR 385 artifacts (indriya, TCK, Common Lib and at least the Parent POM)
Other modules (except uom.si and uom.systems which have their own real TLDs for a while now) follow on demand.

Regards,
Werner
This conversation is locked